Multi-Country B2C Ecommerce Platform for a Global Pet Food Provider
Adex, an ISO/IEC Certified IT Resourcing & Cloud Consulting Company helped a premium pet food provider in Europe, build a NodeJS based multi-store ecommerce platform active in 7 different countries.
The client was experiencing major problems in maintaining a complex, unstable ecommerce platform based on an old Majento version. They required an upgrade on the system to scale the operations further, to which our team has made an improved platform; stable and scalable which has helped the provider improve in multiple areas.
We have expertise in developing and customizing web portals based on NodeJS ecommerce solutions.
To solve the clients problem we helped build a custom ecommerce platform based on NodeJS where we :
- Successfully upgraded to the latest NodeJS and React tech stack.
- Developed a subscription module with automated ordering & payment which allows the customers to manage their own subscriptions from their account, change next order date/products or unsubscribe whenever they want and also process orders automatically daily. The same actions can be made from the admin panel.
- Built a module that allows the admin to add new custom landing pages with multiple configurable products and specific coupon codes. Also multiple reports are being sent automatically (daily) with sales reports and other data.
- Developed a custom landing page with a forecast calculator that allows our customers to find out how much product to order, which is also being sent automatically in pdf format to the email our customer has provided.
- Improved cache performance, configured a new live environment with NodeJS, React, Nginx, Redis
We embrace Agile methodologies in most of our projects. We carefully analyze the project specifics, and we propose a project management methodology based on Scrum or Kanban which best fits the specific needs and context.
The core project team consisted of two high-level developers and one designer. In the latter stages we added more team members according to the necessities of the project delivery & success.
The team worked in an agile & flexible way having daily scrum meetings with sprints and demo releases every two weeks.
Architecture & Technologies
The project applies the conventions of object-oriented programming and model view controller architecture, but also uses the entity attribute value model to store data.
- NodeJS, React, MySQL
- Amazon Web Services (AWS – EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, Elastic Cache, VPC, Route 53)
- Redis, Vagrant, Beanstalk for version control and deploy, Puppet, Nginx, Trello (Kanban)
Business Benefits & Outcomes
The project aimed to create an improved ecommerce platform for the client, which was developed and delivered successfully on time. The new platform helped the ecommerce platform become more efficient, scalable and faster in comparison to the older version.
With the new platform the business has been able to benefit by
- Server costs reduction by 50%
- 100% Downtime reduction
- 95% Security incident reduction
- Higher Scalability for the platform and flexibility for the dev team
- Significantly lower development costs in comparison to in-house hiring
- Faster execution of the project
- Efficient and complete project handover